Wednesday, October 26, 2011

women like that

I hate women like that.  Even today in our modern world sometimes simply being a women puts us gals at a disadvantage.  My husband's best friend has had the misfortune of having been married to two of those women who give the rest of us a bad name and it pisses me off!  Wife #1 cheated on him, got credit cards in his name, and of course ran them up to the limits, and when he finally found out about it all, she wouldn't even talk about anything.  She just bailed.  He never saw it coming.  He pretty much lost everything-and his credit.  So after living on hot-dogs for a couple of years, he pulled himself out of debt and went back to working only one job so he could have a social life again.  Enter wife #2 (current wife).  I'm sure she has redeeming qualities, but for the life of me, I cannot understand how anyone can have such a one sided view of the world.  The first Monday of EVERY month she has a standing hair appointment.  Every Tuesday she has her nails done, every other Tuesday she gets a pedicure, too.  She doesn't work outside the home and her one child is long since out of the house (I think he's nearly 30 now) and she constantly complains about how busy she is.  The kicker?  The once or twice a year my husband and his best friend get a chance to go out and have a couple beers together, she gripes about the cost of him going out!  My husband said the last time he was at their house she acted like he (my husband) was stealing the bread from their table.  And given that my husband has to drive an hour and a half each way, it's not like they go out and hit every bar in town!  Seriously, there's this little Mexican joint they head to, have a couple of beers and the fish tacos.  That's it!  And she complains about him spending the money to go out-with his best friend since high school-like once every 10 months or so.  I hate women like that.  Don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment