Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Good Parent or Mean Mom? The Jury is still out.

I have always been a no fun mom.  I'm paranoid she's gonna get hurt, killed, snatched, or something else even worse.  I have a strong sense of realism and know that someday I'm going to turn her out into the real-world and expect her to function as an adult I can respect.  So imagine how mortified I was when we were walking home from the store and she tossed her grape stems on the street in front of some random house.  We doubled back, but in a sudden loss of memory, she couldn't find her trash.  I swear, it is a good thing we were in public or I probably would have slapped the flippant little bitch.  We were just around the corner from our house.  I told her to run home, and get her butt in bed and hope that I calmed down before her brother and I got there.  So, now it's not yet 4pm, she is in bed for the day, and I am throwing out some of her toys to make a point about how it hurts when people disrespect our property.  I'm not throwing out a lot, mostly just the Mr. Potato Head set that has been a thorn in my side from the day my husband wasted $20 at Costco on it. 
     I'm livid with the kid still.  Really??  Just throwing trash on somebody's yard???  She's luck I only grabbed a grocery bag to toss her toys into.  Or am I just being mean?

No comments:

Post a Comment